Egg, Honey, strawberries and olive oil seem to be delicious and healthy for breakfast. But these also happen to be genial at your hair when applied in a DIY hair mask.
It’s time to replace exorbitant, chemical-laden hair products lying in your bathroom vanity with some easily-available, all-natural, super-effective, gentler and top of it, affordable hair care solutions.
Next time your hair needs a lift, switch to these money-saving kitchen fixes.
Creamy Avocado DIY Hydrating Hair Mask for Dry Hair
The natural oils, monounsaturated acids, antioxidants and phytosterols in this creamy fruit make it shine when it comes to treating dry hair. These DIY hair masks also protect hair against environmental stressors and stimulate new hair growth.
- Blend avocado until smooth.
- Add milk, honey and olive oil, and mix all ingredients well.
- Leave it aside for 20 minutes.
- Then apply the mask on your scalp and strands using your fingers or hair brush.
- Cover it with a shower cap and let it sit for an hour.
- Follow with a warm rinse. Use this pack at least once a week to nourish your scalp deeply.
Oatmeal and Tea Tree Oil Hair Mask For Itchy Scalp
Oatmeal is a natural skin soother that can be applied to your scalp daily to calm inflammation and irritation caused by dandruff and dryness. Combined with antibacterial and antifungal properties of tea tree oil, this mask for itchy scalp treatment is hard to beat.
- 2-3 tablespoons oatmeal
- 1-2 tablespoon tea tree oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Crush oatmeal to turn into a powdery form.
- Mix all ingredients well in a bowl using a spoon.
- Apply the mask evenly on your scalp. Make sure you apply pressure using your fingertips when applying it.
- Let it sit undisturbed for 1-2 hours.
- Rinse off the mask using normal water. Apply this pack twice a week to maintain an itch-free scalp.
Strawberry DIY Hair Mask for Oil-Free, Shiny Hair
Are you frustrated with oily hair? Do you want celebrity-like shiny locks at a very small-budget? Give a try to this DIY hair mask for shiny hair.
Strawberry is a tart fruit that controls excessive oil production in the scalp while making them glossy and shiny. To avoid over-drying, we will be using moisturizing ingredients to make this DIY hair mask.
- A handful of strawberries (Depending on your hair length)
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Blend all ingredients together to make a fine puree.
- Wash your hair and let them dampen.
- Apply the prepared mask on your damp hair.
- Rinse well using warm water. It will not only make your hair shine but also smell so pleasing.
Beer DIY Hair Mask for Hair Growth
Loaded with malt, brewer’s yeast, iron, copper, vitamins and magnesium, beer DIY hair mask for hair growth is incomparable.
- A cup of good –quality beer
- 1/4 cup onion juice
- 2 tablespoon egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon raw, organic, unrefined coconut oil
- Combine and stir all ingredients well.
- Apply the mixture on clean and damp hair.
- Let it applied for 30 minutes and then rinse off with normal water.
- Repeat it twice a week for the best results.
We’d love to hear feedback!